NAIST’s Division of Biological Science holds long term Internship in spring (February and March) and in summer (August and September).
The long term Internship is intended for second- and third-year undergraduates, fifth-year regular course college-of-technology students, and first-year students in the advanced course of a college of technology. The internships last for two weeks to one month, allowing the participants to thoroughly experience the cutting-edge research being conducted in the division.
Applicants submit a composition, which is used to determine the success of their application.
This event will be held with due considerations to measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are required for participation.
Please wear a mask to prevent spread of COVID-19.
Please conduct body temperature checking and use alcohol-based hand rubs at the entrance.
If you have a fever, we will request you to follow the school COVID-19 prevention guidance.
Please note that we may cancel long term internship due to the situation of COVID-19 spread.
||Second- and third-year undergraduates, fifth-year college-of-technology students, and first-year students in the advanced course of a college of technology, who hope to go on to NAIST’s doctoral course.
||August 29 to September 30, 2022. During this period, participants stay for between 2 weeks to 1 month.
||Send an email that includes the information listed in the application instructions as well as your composition. The composition will be used to determine the success of your application.
||July 31, 2022
||・Accommodation is provided (Guesthouse Sentan) for a limited number of participants.
・Transportion fee will be supported. (If there are many participants, the support will be partial.)
・Participants are responsible for their own meal costs etc..
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your composition and the information listed below. We will examine your composition to determine the success of your application. You will be informed of the outcome by mid-August 2022.
- Information about your educational institution (name, department, academic year)
- Date of birth
- Contact email address
- Contact telephone number
- Do you require accommodation? Please indicate one of the following: I need you to provide me with accommodation/I would ideally like you to provide me accommodation/I do not need accommodation/I am happy either way.
- Which laboratories are you interested in? Please indicate up to three in order of preference.
- How long would you do the internship?
- Composition?Choose an area of science you are interested in and describe the following in relation to this area:
Please keep the composition within two A4 pages.
- Describe the key discoveries that made this area of science become what it is today.
- Citing scientific evidence, explain why you consider this area of science to be so important.
- Citing scientific evidence, describe how you see this area of science developing over the next ten years.
Save your composition as a PDF or Word file（please use your name as the filename）and attach the file to the email that you send. Your composition will be judged based on scientific literacy, originality, and logical argumentation.
※Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of selection and contact information for the long term internship. Also, it will be used to inform you about student recruitment events and entrance examination. We will handle this information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies and NAIST's rules on personal information protection.
The following 14 laboratories are participating in the upcoming long term internship.
Please understand some labs may cancel this internship program depending on the situation of COVID-19 spread.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Graduate School of Science and Technology
Division of Biological Science
8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, NARA 630-0192 JAPAN