- 2023.05.31 Applications are now open for BIO JUKU.
- 2023.05.31 Applications are now open for Long term internship.
- 2023.05.30 Archive Video "Information Session for Prospective Studentsis now available.
- 2023.04.03 Greetings from the new director are now available.
- 2023.03.30 Online introduction into PhD and Master Programs will be held. （May 27）
- 2023.03.10 Updated Entrance Examination Schedule.
- 2023.02.01 Applications have now closed for BIO JUKU and Long term internship.
- 2022.12.05 Applications are now open for BIO JUKU.
- 2022.12.05 Applications are now open for Long term internship.
- 2022.07.31 Applications are now closed for Long term internship.
- 2022.06.24 Applications are now open for Long term internship.
- 2022.05.12 Online introduction into PhD and Master Programs will be held. （May 28）
- 2022.04.01 Site Open!
To all students taking the exam
Our key word is “Co-creation.”
NAIST is a graduate university without undergraduate students. The students come from various filed, and their backgrounds create a diverse research environment. The Division of Biological Science has more than twenty laboratories engaged in various research. The barriers between laboratories are low, and they are interacting actively. Each laboratory collaborates with researchers of different fields in or outside of NAIST to incorporate new technologies. And the entire division is united to support robust, cutting-edge research to contribute to value creation for societal development by promoting advanced research and postgraduate education, that is, co-creation.
We hope you join our co-creation and develop your abilities in this environment. Once you step into our building, you will find several peers, seniors, and professors willing to give you the necessary advice and support to bring out your full potential, even if you feel that you cannot do it alone. This collective power will empower each of us to press forward.
NAIST attracts several international students, and many of our graduates have already found employment in Japan or their home countries, creating a solid network. Until now, NAIST has served as a hub for international students, and our graduates will play an active role as partners in international collaborative research. As you consider taking the next steps onto a new stage in your life, I hope you join us and work together to co-create tomorrow.
Director of Biological Science
Ten thousand yen
Research expenses per faculty member(2020)
International partner list(2023)
Number of students per faculty member(2020)
Information about the exam, including general Q&A and past questions, is available here.
This page contains information about the class. Also, interviews with PIs are posted.
“Career Services Office“ provides extensive support for international students in finding employment.
Admissions-related events are listed here.
This page provides useful information about living at NAIST, including all on-campus facilities and the surrounding environment.
For inquiries, please use this form.